Thursday 27 January 2011

Setting Description

Dear Readers,

This is my attempt at describing a particular scene of a beach which Miss Huang gave us today during lessontime. Please do give some comments!

The soft scented breeze of the sea blows across the faint yellow sand. The still water, tinted with a faint light blue, looks magnificent under the dark blue sky with a light tinge of purple. A tree looks on and welcomes the gentle ripples in the water, waving its leaves occasionally as though to a friend. A small, white motorised boat with a blue shelter floats on the water, silent and lonely, whilst its counterparts sail peacefully towards the horizon and a tiny offshore island not visible from my spot. I watch quietly at the sky as the puffy, white clouds just above the horizon float and dance around as if at the Prince's ball. The giant beach umbrella of leaves from the tree nearest to me shades me as I lie on the gentle touch of the sand. I sniff the air. The salty smell of the sea wafted into my nose. Ah, this is heavenly!

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment