Monday 18 April 2011

Personal Recount: "A Day in World War II"

Dear Readers,

Today, I will be writing a personal recount as a civilian during the World War II. Please enjoy! :D

A Day in World War II

I am 28 years old this year and my name is Alexander Freud, a doctor at a clinic located near my house. I belong to one of the higher social classes in Switzerland, but the Nazis still hated my family and me, for we were Jews and Hitler hates Jews.

Every day during the World War II could be our last. Our lives are constantly in the hands of the cruel and gruesome Nazis. If they were happy, we could live for an additional day. However, if they were displeased, we would simply have to succumb to our destiny.

They acted as though they were kings, and murdered innocent civilians as easily as snapping their fingers. We had to bow at them to show our respect, or else we would be smacked by their rifles for our disrespect towards them.

We all hated the Nazis but what could we do? We were too powerless and vulnerable to fight against the powerful Nazis. If I could, I would have torn those merciless people into two, but alas!

All of us were malnourished and as thin as pencils. We barely had anything to eat in the shelters which we sought refuge in. Many of my fellow men and women have fallen victim to contagious diseases, whilst others died of starvation and dehydration. As a doctor, I felt hopeless, with so many deaths happening right before my eyes.

Today, I was heading out to the clinic for work, when I saw a few Nazis patrolling the streets. They were armed with their rifles which they would happily use at the slightest provocation. My old neighbour Mr Kunze was also heading out to his little pawnshop, when he accidentally knocked into a Nazi soldier due to his failing eyesight. He apologised profusely but the merciless one aim his rifle and shot at Mr Kunze, sniggering wildly with his comrades. Blood splattered all across the pavement, but a whining Mr Kunze was lying on the ground, gasping for breath. The Nazis then took turns to fire at him, as though it was some kind of entertainment game show. I was disgusted.

His daughter Miss Kunze appeared at the entrance of the pawnshop, witnessing the gruesome murder of her father. She let out a shriek, which aroused the attention of the Nazis. They dragged her back into the pawnshop. From where I stood, I could hear her scream, “Please don’t do this to me! Let me go!”

Living in this heartless world where one is being controlled and manipulated by the Nazis, I cannot do anything to help my fellowmen. This is really living hell, and I cannot take it anymore. What can one do? Where can one go? How long does one have to take this? I have no answers to any of these questions.

(476 words)

Best Regards,
Nathan :D

No comments:

Post a Comment